|Growing Your Very Own Wheatgrass|
|Monday, 12 October 2009 19:05|
Wheatgrass juice is increasing in popularity and with very good reason. Nothing more than baby wheat, grown and juiced, it's one of natures most powerpacked juices, possessing natural healing qualities which provide great benefits to our health. If you are on a quest to increase health, making your own wheat grass juice at home will be a potent weapon in your arsenal to optimum vitality! So how do you grow it?
Well, our very own Linda Samuel has put together a very good do-it-yourself guide. This guide would help you build your own wheatgrass, and enjoy the benefits of wheatgrass juice. We have also taken and added a couple photos which should help you along. Be sure to click on them to get an expanded view.
1. Purchase PVC guttering (about 6" dia).
2. Purchase end caps or improvise closure for both ends (a plastic paint cover can be used, and cut in half as shown).
3. Cut the PVC guttering to the desired length (about 24"-36" should be ok).
4. Drill holes along the bottom for water drainage (the holes should be about about 1/8" - 1/4" dia. and 6" apart).
5. Fill guttering with soil (make sure that water drains quickly from soil, if soil is compact, mix with sha rp sand, add manure).
6. Sprinkle wheatgrass seeds generously along the soil.
7. Cover lightly with manure.
8. Keep soil moist at all times.
9. The Wheatgrass would be ready to harvest in seven (7) days.
10. When harvesting cut about 1 inch from soil to ensure a second growth. After the second sprouting the root dies.
11. Wheatgrass does not require direct sunlight. Keep in a cool place.
12. If you do not own a wheatgrass juicer. Blend grass in your blender with a little water, strain and drink.
Wheatgrass juice is a great multivitamin and mineral juice, and would help regulate blood sugar and cleanse you on a cellular level! Keep your cells happy and you're in good shape!